1. Preheat oven to 190°C.
2. Season both halves of the squash. Wrap in foil and roast in the oven for approx. 50 minutes or until the squash is tender. Remove and set aside.
3. Meanwhile sauté the onion, celery and peppers with the rapeseed oil, until they begin to caramelise. Add the minced garlic, fresh chilli, dried spices and smoked chilli paste. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
4. Add the chopped tomatoes, black beans and stock to the pan. Simmer gently for 15-20 minutes. Scoop the flesh from the butternut squash and puree. Fold the puree through the chilli base and allow to continue to simmer for another 10-15 minutes. Season with salt as desired.
5. Place the taco shells into the oven for 2-3 minutes. Break the shells into shards.
6. Serve a portion of the chilli, topped with the taco shards, chopped jalapenos, mashed avocado, spring onions and red onion.