For the aubergine
1. Start by making the marinade. Mix together miso, tahini, chilli garlic puree, honey and the juice from the orange.
2. Halve the aubergine lengthways and roughly criss-cross the flesh to allow the marinade to infuse. Rub the flesh side with the marinade and set aside for an hour.
For the congee
3. Put the quinoa in suitable size pan with 1 litre of water. Bring to the boil then reduce to a gentle simmer. Leave uncovered and cook for approx. 25 minutes stirring frequently to prevent it sticking and until a porridge like consistency is achieved (you may need to add a little more water).
4. Meanwhile place the aubergines into a hot oven (220°C is ideal) and roast until well caramelised, around 20 minutes. Whilst your aubergines are roasting finely slice the spring onions.
5. Serve a portion of the quinoa, dressed with a little of the soy sauce and topped with the roasted half aubergine. Finish with the spring onion and sesame seeds.